Right of Withdrawal
At FutureNova, we value your satisfaction and aim to provide a seamless shopping experience. This Right of Withdrawal (Return and Cancellation) Policy outlines the terms and conditions under which you, our valued customer, may exercise your right to withdraw from a purchase.
Please note that The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 Act is only applicable to consumers in the United Kingdom and European Union.
1. All contracts of sale made by FutureNova shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any other terms from the party ("the Customer") with whom FutureNova is dealing. Cancellation of orders by business to business customers is not accepted as many orders are despatched on the same day the order is placed. Cancellation of orders by Consumers will be accepted in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 in the United Kingdom and European Union. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to impinge upon a Consumer's statutory or contractual rights to reject faulty goods.
2. FutureNova is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions, products may be found to be faulty or defective. In such cases we offer the returns facilities described below.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer's documentation, all goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12-month manufacturer's warranty.
3. Business to Business
1. If you purchase goods in the course of your business, the following provisions of this Clause shall apply. Other than the express provisions set out in these terms and conditions, all other terms and the implied terms or warranties relating to the supply of goods are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing.
2. If you purchase services in the course of your business, the following provisions of this Clause shall apply. FutureNova shall use its skill and expertise to carry out any contracted works (the "Service(s)") to a standard equivalent to that of a competent computer professional, and shall warrant our work as free from defects, for a period of 30 days after completion. In particular, we cannot be held responsible for any fault or damage not caused by FutureNova services' engineers or its contracted agents. In the event of a claim arising relating to the level of skill and judgement applied in the course of providing Services, FutureNova reserves at its sole discretion the right to appoint an independent expert in the field to appraise the work carried out in the execution of the Service(s). Additionally, FutureNova cannot be held responsible for equipment installed or configured when the equipment has subsequently been altered or configured by persons other than FutureNova. Except as set out here, all other express or implied terms or warranties relating to the Services are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Subject to the right of Consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (see Clause 4), FutureNova does not sell products on a trial basis, however in special circumstances we may provide a 30 day trial to business customers where a purchase order will be required. Business customers or entities may be subject to different terms, and we recommend contacting our customer support for clarification.
Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering. In some instances, Customers may benefit from special price discounts issued by a manufacturer specifically for their benefit. Such goods are not returnable to the manufacturer and may not be sold to other customers. Accordingly, orders for such goods cannot be cancelled and FutureNova can only accept a return of such Goods where they prove to be defective and the Goods are returned for repair or replacement.
4. In the event that FutureNova, at its discretion (unless the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause 3), agrees to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the goods must be returned with FutureNova's prior written agreement within 14 days of delivery. The goods must be unopened and in perfect re-saleable condition, in their original packaging. Proof of purchase (e.g., receipt or order confirmation) should be included. Products that do not meet these conditions will not be eligible for a refund. All goods returned in these circumstances (except where the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause 4) will be subject to a handling fee of 15% of FutureNova's sale price for the goods, or £20, whichever is the greater.
5. Some manufacturers require goods to be returned within 14 days or less in order to secure refund. In such instances the manufacturer's time limit will apply and therefore FutureNova will only accept a return within 14 days of purchase or the manufacturer's time limit, if that limit is less than 14 days. This is clearly indicated on the catalogue page for the particular product. We can only accept the return of a defective product that does not meet the description, if they are returned to us within 14 days. Beyond that period you will be deemed to have accepted the goods and you must therefore check the goods promptly on receipt. Please note that this period is reduced to 7 days for clearance bargains and 'NCCR' products as set out in Clause 12 of our Terms & Conditions.
1. Contracts for the purchase of goods by a Customer not acting in the course of a business (a Consumer) and made over the telephone or through the FutureNova website, or by mail order, are, with the exception of certain excepted contracts, subject to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 ('the Regulations').
2. If the Regulations apply, Customers may cancel goods purchased from FutureNova by sending a written notice of cancellation (in the form made available to Consumers by FutureNova) to our customer support team at email@example.com, or by post or hand delivery addressed to Customer Services Department, FutureNova Limited, The Arise Innovation Centre, Chelmsford, Essex. CM1 1SQ or by fax to 0330 124 2001.
3. The notice of cancellation must be delivered within fourteen (14) calendar days of the day after date of delivery of the goods.
4. The Customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods if he or she exercises this right of cancellation under the Regulations. If the Customer does not actually return the goods to FutureNova, the Customer is under a duty to make the goods available for collection at the Customer's expense from the address to which they were delivered.
5. The Customer is under a duty to retain possession of the goods whilst awaiting return to FutureNova and to take reasonable care of them during this period. The Customer will be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods if he or she fails to comply with this obligation.
6. To be entitled to a refund, the Customer must return all cancelled goods within 14 calendar days from the date of cancellation.
7. A refund will be made to the Consumer Customer only after receipt by FutureNova of the cancelled goods (or evidence is provided to FutureNova of such return).
8. All refunds will be subject to a deduction of an amount for any diminished value in the returned goods.
5. Returns Process
Subject to testing to verify any alleged fault, we will accept the return of defective goods for full refund or replacement at our option, if, but only if, the goods are returned within 14 days of delivery. Consumers who wish to return defective products are not obliged to follow the processes set out below, but are recommended to do so as this helps us to provide a more efficient returns service.
(a) FutureNova's technical support staff or Customer Support staff, as appropriate, will advise you of which method of delivery to use to return the products. Depending on the nature of the product purchased, we will either arrange a courier collection, or request that you return the product directly to us. If the goods are found on inspection to be defective, the cost of returning the item will be refunded to you. Authorised product returns must be sent to: Customer Returns, FutureNova, The MedBIC Innovation Centre, Alan Cherry Drive, Chelmsford, Essex. CM1 1SQ.
(b) FutureNova offers a "no charge" collection, repair and delivery service (on the UK mainland only) for hardware which is shown to be faulty provided that the fault is reported within 14 days of delivery. If we have arranged for a courier collection of your product, we are unable to specify the collection time, and it is your responsibility to ensure that someone will be present at the collection address when the courier arrives.
(c) All returned goods (except those returned under Clause 4) must be accompanied by FutureNova's Returns Materials Authorisation number ('RMA Number') which can be obtained by contacting Customer Support on 0330 124 2000. Returned goods will not be accepted without an RMA Number. Do not write directly on the manufacturer's packaging. Please write the RMA number on the address label provided with the Returns Authorisation and attach it to the returned package. Any defacement of the manufacturer's packaging or damage caused by inadequate packaging may result in the rejection of the return or an additional restocking fee, at FutureNova's sole discretion.
(d) FutureNova cannot accept liability for packages damaged during transit. It is the Customer's responsibility to wrap the product adequately to prevent damage.
(e) Proof of postage is not proof of delivery and you are therefore strongly advised to send your package by recorded delivery, registered post or courier, and to insure the goods for their full value.
(f) On receipt of the returned product, we will test it to identify the fault you have notified to us.
(g) If following the testing process, the product is found to be in good working order without defect, we will return the product to you, and the carriage costs of this return will be your responsibility. Please note that if you have, in the meantime, required us to provide you with a replacement product before completion of the testing process, you will have to pay for this product also. This Clause does not apply to Consumers returning goods pursuant to Clause 4.
(h) Customers who wish to make a warranty claim must comply with the manufacturer's instructions and warranty procedure. In order to resolve your problem as quickly as possible, we may refer you to the product manufacturer who will deal directly with the return. In these instances, we will provide you with the contact information for the relevant manufacturer. If you are a consumer, this does not affect your statutory rights.
(i) This warranty shall not apply if the goods have been worked upon, altered or damaged in any way by the Customer or its employees or agents, or to goods not used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
(j) No software on which seals have been broken can be returned for credit. If any software discs are faulty, the manufacturer will replace them. If you are a consumer this does not affect your statutory rights. Please note Software Licences are non-returnable unless the software is materially non-compliant with its specification or the physical media on which it is supplied is defective.
(k) Some manufacturers require goods to be returned within 14 days or less in order to secure refund. In such instances the manufacturer's time limit will apply and therefore FutureNova will only accept a return within 14 days of purchase or the manufacturer's time limit, if that limit is less than 14 days. This is clearly indicated on the catalogue page for the particular product. We can only accept the return of a defective product that does not meet the description, if they are returned to us within 14 days. Beyond that period you will be deemed to have accepted the goods and you must therefore check the goods promptly on receipt. Please note that this period is reduced to 7 days for clearance bargains and 'NCCR' products as set out in Clause 12 of our Terms & Conditions.
6. Timing of Refunds or Exchanges
We aim to process refunds or exchanges promptly, typically within 14 days of receiving your returned items. Please note that the timing may vary based on factors such as your location and the payment method used. Lead time of exchanges is dependant on stock level and manufacturer scheduling, and may take up to 8 weeks.
Certain items or situations may be exempt from the right of withdrawal. These may include personalised or customised products, or items that cannot be returned for health or hygiene reasons. Please contact our customer support team for clarification on specific items.
This Right of Withdrawal Policy is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and complies with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
9. Contact Information
For questions, concerns, or withdrawal requests, please reach out to our customer support team:
Phone: (+44) 0330 124 2000
10. Customer Responsibilities
Customers are responsible for adequately packaging returned items to prevent damage during return shipping.
11. Final Statement
At FutureNova, your satisfaction is our priority. We are committed to providing high-quality products and excellent customer service. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team. Thank you for choosing FutureNova.